Friday, March 26, 2010

Where to find information on exchange rate?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good web site that I can use to keep track of the exchange rate?



I want to exchange USD for HKD....I think it was at about 7.7HKD last month??



I found out that my bank sells HKD. The rate is 6.112HKD for 1USD!!! Has the rate dropped.....or is my bank offering a bad rate?



Any advice.......???....!!!!



Where to find information on exchange rate?


hangseng.com/e_rate/notes_exchange_rate.asp



Hang Seng Bank now buying USD notes at 7.7340.



Where to find information on exchange rate?


The HKD is essentially linked to the USD. The official exchange rate will vary slightly between 7.7 and 7.8. Of course the actual exchange rate that you can get will vary, depending on where you change your money, but you should expect close to 7.7.



Yes, your bank is offering a (really!) bad rate.




www.xe.com is good too




Thank you!



Well I guess I will not buy any HKD$$ here before I go! The first portion of my trip is Lantua Island, we will be going strait to the Hollywood hotel from the airport. Can anyone recommend where I should exchange$$$??




There is a good ATM in the HK Airport. Check with your bank before you leave to see what they will charge for out of country ATM use. Mine is flat fee of $5.00 US for each transaction. If you get the max allowable per transaction, it works out better than using the money exchanges.





Do not use the money exchange booth in the HK airport. Their rate is worse than your banks!!




OK. So what I have gathered from all my posts and research so far is......



That maybe it is best not to travel with that much cash. I should just leave it in the account and just pull the HKD out at the ATMs with debitcard ...right??



Do all the ATMs have the same rate??? I would assume that it would be the same as what my bank offers, who does the exchange?? I am such a lost travler...haha





Anyone want to share some thoughts!!




Your bank will have an ';electronic'; exchange rate. It will, typically, be 3-4% worse than the ';normal'; exchange rate. So, that means it will cost you 3-4% more to pull money out via your ATM card than it would to exchange it at the best exchange rate you can get.



Every bank is different, but I don%26#39;t know any banks that are a total rip-off.



Your bank should be able to tell you what is the current exchange rate if you do electronic banking. Give them a call and explain your situation.



To me 3-4% (or even more) is worth paying for the convenience of not carrying heaps of cash, being able to pull out more money and just feeling good about the whole deal.



Don%26#39;t bring heaps of USD or any other currency - it is not accepted by vendors here, only exchange booths.



To me, simplicity is number 1, so relax and check with your bank, then pull some money (depending on your needs it might be a few thousand HKD) from an ATM at the airport.



Hope this helps, but maybe someone has some more specific information to add.




There%26#39;s a universal currency converter at XE.COM


  • rosacea treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment