Tuesday, March 30, 2010

oasis hong kong are bust!

Hi People





I couldnt see any posts on this but im sure people are aware





Oasis HK have gone into liquidation! (and ive lost my dosh!)





This is annoying for me as i decided to suppport a new airline and now have lost my holiday to HK in May as cannot afford to pay for another trip!



I was taking two friends as they wanted to be shown round the city they were nervous to go on their own!





Oh well we will all have to save again and prob go the end of the year!



oasis hong kong are bust!


More information on this thread over at Lonely Planet ThornTree forum: www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa鈥?/a>



oasis hong kong are bust!


tjay, if you paid with a UK credit card you should be able to get a refund from your card issuer.




tjay2



Do you not have travel insurance?




apparently you weren%26#39;t looking hard enuf





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k188鈥?/a>




yeah didnt look hard enough!!





i paid on debit card well in excess of over 120 days ago dont have travel insurance that covers scheduled airline failure so pretty screwed.





I can get Return flights with Cathay for 拢250pp in June but just cant afford to pay out again!




I hope that you are able to find a way to be redeemed of your situation! I dont know what I would do if I booked with them? I would not wish your situation on anyone!! lets hope that they can find a way to help those they burned(not by choice) in the next couple of weeks?




actually, there is a much more informative (but you have to sift through the dross) thread on this at geoexpat:





geoexpat.com/forum/鈥ost208252




It appears that all hope is not yet lost if the apparant disagreements between investors can be resolved;





www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp鈥?/a>




i shall keep evertything crossed for the airline! hopefully things can be resovlved and they can start flying again!





whether they honour previous bookings is another thing though!

No comments:

Post a Comment