Sunday, March 28, 2010

Continental Airlines

We will be using Continental to fly from Newark to Beijing and returning Hong Kong Newark.





Any comments on their service and comfort? We will be flying coach.



We have flown extensively to Europe and Caribbean, but it will be our first time in Asia.





Thanks for any comments.





Continental Airlines


I%26#39;m also looking for info on this. I have a choice on United through Chicago to Peking or Continental through Newark. I have read some reviews about both airlines and Air China. None are good! I would appreciate any comments on service and comfort in coach as well.


Thanks!



Continental Airlines


Definitely Air China is the last choice. Ever watched those network news magazine shows (60 Minutes and the like) talkinga about pilots communicating with control towers?



Transferring in Chicago on UA means taking those monorail between terminals.




Any news on either of these airlines?




If you don%26#39;t mind flying one more leg, ie JFK - Hong Kong - Beijing -Hong Kong - JFK, Cathay Pacific has very good products.




I flew Hong Kong to Newark on Continental in economy and found it to be pretty good--better than United and Air China.





The service, seats, and food are passable and the in-flight entertainment is good (individual screens).





It%26#39;s not as good as others like Asiana or JAL, but I think it is one of the better American carriers these days.




Thanks for the information!




How was the meal service on the EWR-HKG or HKG-EWR flight? I%26#39;m trying to figure out what types of filling snacks I should try to bring on board.




On the Newark-HKG flight, it%26#39;s been awhile so I don%26#39;t remember very exactly. I am sure that the food was acceptable for me--not great, but at least as good as average for economy-class food. It is a little more American-style going to HK and more Chinese-style on the return trip.





If you typically find airplane food so bad you can%26#39;t eat it or are a picky eater, of course you will want to bring your own food.





I%26#39;m pretty sure they put self-service snacks out during the movie portion of the flight as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment