Friday, March 26, 2010

Tour of China vs. just ';winging it';...

My boyfriend and I are going to China. Our plans are to visit HK, Beijing and Shanghai...maybe a few off the beaten path stops (and maybe tibet).





We met someone who said we had to book a tour company prior or it would not be worth it.





I wanted to go and ';winging it'; and book some day or two day tours as we go...





Will we get to see enough this way or is this too tough..





Thanks.



Tour of China vs. just ';winging it';...


Thousands wing it and have a great time. Many find tours expensive and restrictive. I%26#39;d stick with the original plans. Tibet might be a problem in the next few months though.



Tour of China vs. just ';winging it';...


Well, different strokes for different folks. Personally I would never bother with a tour in China (but then I do speak Chinese), and there%26#39;re many backpackers who do the same. Then there%26#39;re also those people who probably have a smaller comfort zone and would prefer the convenience (ie no need to think about where to go and what to do) of tours.




I wouldn%26#39;t actually %26#39;wing it%26#39;--I would get a good guidebook, read ahead, and make a plan, but do it without a tour group.




I have been there several times and always wing it. I have a list of places I want to see, bring a tourist guide book and go with the flow and the weather. I usually don%26#39;t do everything on my list. I have come to realize that distances are quite great here.

No comments:

Post a Comment