Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Advise on hotel to stay~ Island Pacific good?

Hi all!





I%26#39;m going for a 7day trip in HK.. in june.. and I am thinking of staying in Island Pacific Hotel for a few nights. Can anyone tell me more about it? Is it accessible? Are the views of the harbour good?





For the 6 nights in HK.. I was thinking of staying 2 nights in Island Pacific.. then going to Macau for a night before coming back to Island Pacific for another 2 nights and switch to Disneyland%26#39;s hollywood hotel for the last. Is it advisable to do that?





Is there alot to see in Macau? Shld I actually stay a night there? Also, would it be possible for me to leave my luggage with the hotel for a night?? :X If not, I guess I would only make a day trip there to Macau.. and stay at Island Pacific for 5nights.





Looking forward to the replies.. Thank you!!!



Advise on hotel to stay~ Island Pacific good?


By the way.. may I know how is Island Pacific as compared to Dorsett Seaview Hotel? Which is better? Location+Cleanliness+Price-wise? :)





Thank you!!



Advise on hotel to stay~ Island Pacific good?


Island Pacific is at a rather odd location. You need a short bus/tram ride to be connected to MTR (underground train). It is in a residential neigbourhood and are surrounded by dried seafood shops!





Dorsett Seaview is more convenient locatonwise. But the rooms are pretty awful.





Island Pacific is compact but with reasonable facilities and the rooms are much better maintained compared with Dorsett.





You can always leave your luggage in the hotel.







Macau has a different ambient and I think it worths to stay for two days to justify the boat trip! But mind you the hotels in Macau are getting rather expensive.




Island Pacific is at a rather odd location. You need a short bus/tram ride to be connected to MTR (underground train). It is in a residential neigbourhood and are surrounded by dried seafood shops!





Dorsett Seaview is more convenient locatonwise. But the rooms are pretty awful.





Island Pacific is compact but with reasonable facilities and the rooms are much better maintained compared with Dorsett.





You can always leave your luggage in the hotel.







Macau has a different ambient and I think it worths to stay for two days to justify the boat trip! But mind you the hotels in Macau are getting rather expensive.




Ok thanks for your help, Francis!





Guess I will stay at Island Pacific cos I read the reviews and it seems that it%26#39;s only a 15min tram ride to Central and there are many good reviews on it..





As for Macau.. I shall do more research about it after my exams! :P







Any other suggestions? Any idea which hotel in Macau is good and reasonably priced? like the price of Island Pacific? :)







Regards.




Hi Gelow,





Try this one for Macau Hotels:





http://www.hongkonghotels.com/big5/macau.html





The public transporation in Macau is rather cheap. There are mini-buses running virtually in every corner. I would suggest choose one close to the Pier would be ideal.





Enjoy Hong Kong and Macau!




Thanks, Francis!





The rates from this website seems cheaper than the website I was looking at previously! haha.. Yay~ Thanks alot~




Try to go to Macau on a weekday to avoid the crowds and get cheaper hotel prices.





You can get good packages from the travel agents at the Macau ferry terminal including return ferry tickets and one night%26#39;s hotel - a good deal if two of you are travelling together.




I agree strongly with Drumbrake%26#39;s suggestion of going to Macau on weekdays - hotel prices up to triple on Friday and Saturday nights, getting ferry tickets is a hassle, and you can hardly move for crowds of mainland and HK tourists!



For research on Macau, check out cn.macautourism.gov.mo





If you get a sea-view room or suite at Island Pacific in summer, you should have an excellent view of every kind of shipping on the harbour as well as Kowloon and the hills behind. On a clear day you can see right out to Tsing Yi and beyond. It%26#39;s true it%26#39;s not as centrally located as some other hotels, but because it%26#39;s mainly a residential area things like food are noticeably cheaper (e.g. dim sum) than in more ';touristy'; areas. If you don%26#39;t want to walk in the summer heat, there are trams and buses running directly past the hotel, or you can spend a bit more on taxis.




Ok! I have decided on Island Pacific and am looking forward to it cos it sounds really good! I went to the website and realised that it%26#39;s under the same group of hotels as Singapore%26#39;s Fullerton! Which is a very good hotel in Singapore. Now, I%26#39;m even more keen to stay there. :P





As for Macau.. Yes, I%26#39;m planning to go on a weekday :) But I might not be able to do it as I%26#39;ll be arriving HK on a Thursday, Monday is a public holiday.. And I%26#39;m planning to stay at one of Disneyland%26#39;s hotel on Tuesday. :( Is Sunday ok to travel to Macau??





Anyway, anyone heard of Casa Real or Sintra? Are they ok? I%26#39;m still thinking of whether to stay a night there.. Or just go for a day tour (My bf %26amp; I are not very sight-seeing people so just wanna know abit of everything. haha).. then go some market or shop at night and proceed back to HK.





Drumbrake, you mean I don%26#39;t have to book my hotel for Macau in advance?? So I can just go to the ferry terminal and get a package?? Wow. Can I really do that? I usually will book before flying to be safe.





Thanks to the both of you! Looking forward to more replies~




Gulp - if the Monday is a public holiday then Sunday will be a madhouse, and hotel rates will be sky high in Macau for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.



As Singaporeans I assume that if you get sick of sightseeing you will at least still enjoy good food - for this Macau is still well worth staying a night or 7 :-)



Because HK is so much larger than Macau the extra crowds on public holidays are not so obvious, except at places like Ocean Park and Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment