Friday, March 26, 2010

Rates for money exchange

Hi all,





do the money exchangers in Chungking Mansion charge any rates for changing my aussie dollars into HK$?





Cheers



Rates for money exchange


Of course, they%26#39;re not a charity. The supposedly give you a better rate than a bank. Not sure if it%26#39;s better than using a money machine. You should check with your bank.



Rates for money exchange


If in doubt, exchange at major banks, e.g., HSBC, Hang Seng, etc.




major banks have the poorest rates and highest fees for non-account holders.




GerryRo,





When I was in HK during March 08 I exchanged my aussie dollars at Chungking Mansion. The ones I used didn鈥檛 charge any commissions; in fact I was able to negotiate a better rate then what was advertised. I also found the rates here to be the best in HK.





Good luck and cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment