Sunday, April 4, 2010

Time it takes for Z-Visa for China from macau?

Hi,





I will be going next week to get my Z visa for china, from the China foreign affairs bureau in Macau ... I tried emailing and calling them to find out how much time it takes for them to issue the visa so I know how long I need to book the hotel for, but till now no replies... I know it takes only 1 day in HK to do it, any ideas about macau?





Appreciate any help,





Cheers,





Nrupesh



Time it takes for Z-Visa for China from macau?


At least 24 hours through the visa office. Probably better to leave at least 2 days. An agent might be able to do it in a day.





Lots of tightening up of visas rules in the last couple of weeks.



Time it takes for Z-Visa for China from macau?


If you have all your paperwork in order, you can have it done overnight in Macau for an extra MOP/HK$/RMB150, otherwise it takes 2 days. From what I have seen in the press, as from today only Foreign Affairs offices are permitted to process visas.



In Macau, you should bring a good book and arrive at the Ministry gate by 8am, although the office doesn%26#39;t open until an hour later. The gate guard hands out queue tickets as you enter. If you arrive much after 9am, the morning%26#39;s tickets will already be finished.



Note also that no visa applications are accepted after lunch on Fridays.




Yep , Agents don%26#39;t seem to be able to help in this case, I called a few of them and they said for Z visa has to be the foreign affairs office only. I have all the papers in order as far as I could read on their website, the visa notification letter from hangzhou also mentions that I should get the visa from macao ( Chinese government uses MACAO instead of MACAU for documents! ), to be safe I just booked 2 nights in Casa Real hotel ( Its cheap %26amp; right opposite the affairs office as well ).





Thanks for the tip on getting there early, i%26#39;ll surely take that advice!





BTW, a shame about the new visa changes, a lot of my friends are facing problems as they used to travel a lot for business and now finding it very difficult to extend their visas from China itself and from HK.




I was reading some places on the net that they have stopped issuing Z Visas from HK and Macau??? Can anyone confirm this please? I tried calling the foreign affairs office in macau but they aren%26#39;t answering... my Visa Notification Letter does mention that I should get it from Macau... anyone know anything about this? It would really help me as I am going there on monday.





Thanks!




AFAIK, Ministry of Foreign Affairs retains authority to issue all classes of visa. The Foreign Affairs offices right at the border in Zhuhai and Shenzhen are no longer issuing visas on arrival - is that what was being referred to?



Macau also has a China Travel Service branch which should have information, although I%26#39;m not sure where it is any more.




No, I am NOT referring to the visa%26#39;s at border, I am in china, going to macau on monday to get my Z visa done. In some websites I read that they aren%26#39;t issuing Z visas in macau and in some websites they say that Z visas are ok in macau. I just needed a confirmation before I fly there.




Travel agencies are no longer permitted to issue any mainland visas.



Only single or double entry visas are issued by Foreign Affairs, and they will not issue any same day visas except for ';urgent official business';, F visas now require full paperwork. There is no notice of changes re Z visas on the MFA website.



As you are already in China, your employer should have checked this for you with Foreign Affairs Police in your city.




I myself went to the foreign affairs office in hangzhou to get the visa letter on 3rd april and they didnt mention anything, and they gave me a visa notification letter which mentions that I can get it from macau.





I also couldnt find any good info about Z visas, but my friend in HK went to the foreign affairs office in HK and asked them and they said that Z Visas definitely have no problem , only F visas are restricted. I guess that only way to know is when I go there, then I%26#39;ll let everyone else know too.

No comments:

Post a Comment