Friday, April 2, 2010

Souvenirs

What is a good place to get inexpensive souvenirs for folks back home, $5-10?



Where can I find silk and jade, preferably not at the government shops which I hear are more expensive.



Thanks



Souvenirs


1) Panjiayuan market.



2) If you don%26#39;t know your jade, don%26#39;t bother. Cheap stuff isn%26#39;t jade (or at least, isn%26#39;t good jade), and good jade isn%26#39;t cheap.



Souvenirs


I agree, it%26#39;s easy to find cheap %26#39;jade%26#39; and %26#39;silk%26#39;, but it might also not be real. If you want to know what you are buying, or are paying for the real thing, you have to actually check it. Usually I assume things aren%26#39;t real and bargain accordingly.





If you can%26#39;t get to Panjiayuan, Hongqiao is an acceptable alternative.




I knew it my phrasing was ambiguous! The souvenirs are to take back as presents. Bowls, plates, vases and such like.



Jade and silk are for me!! I%26#39;d like some satin by the metre to convert in to saris that we wear in India. Had bought excellent stuff and very reasonable too in Hong Kong. Any suggestions?




Jade and pearl in hongqiao market锛?ordinary锛宑heap锛実ood锛宐etter銆?/p>

No comments:

Post a Comment