Friday, April 2, 2010

hotel in kowloon with harbour view

Hi all,



looking to book hotel in kowloon with a view of hong kong island. Any suggestions? thanks



hotel in kowloon with harbour view


lots of similar threads here, just search for %26#39;harbour view%26#39;



hotel in kowloon with harbour view


Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel has a spendid harbour view and very convenient. Next to Star Ferry and with a super shopping mall connecting to it.




We have just booked ';The Harbour Plaza'; a little further out towards Hung Hom but the hotel looks fantastic and gets superb reviews on this web site.




Hi,



Check out the salisbury YMCA. Its the first time I have stayed at a YMCA but it was more like a three star Hotel. Great position next to Underground station and star ferry. Everynight you can view the Harbour lazer show from your room . A harbour view room costs HK$1345 and full breakfast isHKD60. Great value and extremely clean nice rooms.




Francis.



My husband and I have booked the Marco Polo Hong Kong and we have prepaid for a standard room. Is it worthwhile asking to upgrade to a harbourview? Any idea the cost? I only ask because you suggested the Marco Polo and I thought you might have some insight....



Thanks



Colleen




Wuz, the harbour room usually charges more. The rate really depends on seasons. There are a few days during the year that there will be firework display at the harbour, like 1 July and second day of Chinese New Year, the charges will become extremely expensive





Best way is the ask the hotel what the charge is. Are you a member of these frequent flyers programmes:





marcopolohotels.com/frequentflyer/index.html





you can also use the mileage for upgrades.





Marco Polo is a nice and convenient hotel. It is inside a mega shopping mall and you will sure love it!





Enjoy Hong Kong!





btw...the last time I was in Dublin was some 25 years ago to attend an Irish girl%26#39;s 18 years birthday! It must have changed a lot!




MPHK harbourview rooms are definitely worthy of upgrading to. Of course, it totally depends how much they are asking. I inquired about it on Dec 31, they wanted $ 5500.00 HKD a night. So, like that... then it%26#39;s not worth it.





Personally speaking, I think MPHK%26#39;s harbourview rooms have the BEST view in all of Kowloon.





That%26#39;s why, the new restaurant in that hotel CUCINA.... costs you an arm and a leg for a meal in there.




BUT, MPHK%26#39;s rooms are not THE nicest... tired and old decor.





Harbourview from the rooms are unbeatable.




Thanks Francis.



I don%26#39;t have the specific cards that the site mentions. but I have some that partner with them. Air Canada partners with Air China. I have a prepaid voucher, that my travel agent was able to get for $200.00 Canadian a night, including taxes and service charges. I think a very good rate, so I might want to splurge and pay for a view. It might be best for me to try to do the upgrade, when I am there, and I will also check with they accept my Aeroplan points.





Thanks again,



Colleen


  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment