Friday, April 2, 2010

500 RMB per day for a translator????



I will be staying in Wuhan in Early January to meet up with a chinese friend who i met in thailand so i emailed my hotel to arrange a translator and they quoted me 500RMB per day. Surely this is way too expensive. I was in Chengdu last year and i%26#39;m sure i only paid 100RMB per day. Can anyone let me know the correct going rate. Thanks DJB



500 RMB per day for a translator????


Depends on the actual level of English the translator has -- don%26#39;t believe paper qualifications alone.



500 RMB per day for a translator????


agree, it is up to what kind of translator you need.






rates varies greatly. professional guides are asking for about $40 to $60 a day, while a college student may ask for nothing just for a chance to make friends and practice English.




Hello from Canada I do agree it depends on the English expertise of the translator . I have one in Shenyang for in person talk for 200 rmb and writing for 100 rmb. It varies depending on where you are going in China. This is for a 2 hour meeting ..

No comments:

Post a Comment