Friday, April 2, 2010

altitude problem in XinJiang?

I plan to travel to Xinjiang in Sept. 2008. I sometimes have shortness of breath and dizziness sue to low blood sugar. How %26#39;bad%26#39;/serious is the thinness of air ( altitude) in the region? Your information will help me make a decision as whether I should go at all. Thx for your help.



altitude problem in XinJiang?


Xinjiang%26#39;s altitude is generally not very high. The only destination that I remember being particularly above 3000m was Karakul Lake and the Karakoram Highway.



altitude problem in XinJiang?


Sep is a good time to go to Xinjiang.There is not too high,so i think no problem for you.I been to there before,i have hard time in the high altitude,but in Xinjiang no problem for me at all




Thx to the 2 of you. Xin Jiang, here I come!




like ellyse said, shouldn%26#39;t be a major problem for most of the places.



Karakul Lake is at around 3700m above sea level, and I have heard travellers having serious altitude sickness there, so u might want to be prepared if u are going there.





can check out some of my pictures taken in xinjiang.



鈥logspot.com/





enjoy yourself in xinjiang!



cheers!



spear






Your pics are wow!Thx for info.




Hi there,



Most of the places in Xinjiang are not very high, it is no problem. For example, Kashgar is 1300m, Urumqi is 800m. But if you want to go mountain it would cause problem, for example Karakul lake is 3630m, Tashkorgan is 3200m, Heavenly lake is 1980m.

No comments:

Post a Comment