Friday, April 2, 2010

Delhi to China

Hi, I am currently backpacking in India and want to get to China sometime in mid May. From what I can find on line i can get my Visa in Delhi but only if i have a return flight booked - does anyone know if China will issue Visaif you have an exit train journey booked as I plan to take train down to Vietnam?





Also, any suggestions on where to find reasonable flights from Delhi to China would be great - preferably refundable in event I do need to book a return.





All suggestions welcome - including any suggestions on travel agents in China that are good for arranging internal travel as again told not so easy to do independant travel in China!!





Ta



Delhi to China


I personally think independent travel is easier in China than India. Language is less of a barrier in India, but that%26#39;s about it.





There are fairly limited flights between India and China. You might want to look into connections via Hong Kong to see if that is cheaper.





I don%26#39;t think leaving China by train will be a problem in terms of getting a visa, especially if you already have a ticket booked. Of course each consulate is different, so who knows what the Dehli consulate will have to say? I think you%26#39;d be better off getting the visa in the UK just to be safe.







Delhi to China


Well, it all depends on who you%26#39;re talking to, right? There%26#39;re those folks like me who will probably never be on a tour in mainland China, and then there%26#39;re other travellers who can only be happy as group tourists.




Thanks for the advice will look into going via HK as an alternative. I%26#39;m already in India so picking up visa in Uk not possible - was unable to get it before I left as staying here for 3 months so it would have run out!! Will call China embassy in Delhi and see what I can find out....thanks again.




Normally, I%26#39;d suggest getting a visa in Hong Kong, but while that%26#39;s still possible, it seems more difficult lately. You should try your luck in India and see how it goes. Chances are you%26#39;ll get your visa but don%26#39;t wait too long to apply. You may need to go in person





There are quite a lot of Chinese restaurants in Dehli. They%26#39;re not exactly authentic, but an interesting change of pace.





Also, I highly recommend a visit to the Tibetan exile community in Dharamsala if you have a chance while in India. Just don%26#39;t mention that to the Chinese consular officials!




Oh, and good luck calling the embassy. I%26#39;ve never had much luck contacting any visa processing unit anywhere, representing any country, by phone!


  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment