Sunday, April 4, 2010

5-7 Day Tours to Beijing/Shanghai from HK?

Is it possible to find a trip to mainland from HK?





I%26#39;ll be visiting HK for 3 weeks in mid-April staying in a service hotel and was wondering if I can squeeze in Beijing and Shanghai if possible. I%26#39;ve heard from close sources that there are such tours and that its cheaper to book them from Shenzhen.





Has anyone done this? or know where in Hong Kong I can find info on such a trip?





Much appreciated.



5-7 Day Tours to Beijing/Shanghai from HK?


If you start from Shenzhen and Hong Kong you could pay less for either Chinese-speaking tours, or tours with excessive kickback shopping stops... or a combination of both.



5-7 Day Tours to Beijing/Shanghai from HK?


what is the typical price like?




I%26#39;m having a tough time finding an website for an English speaker tour operation in Hong Kong.





I found some at home but after reading some posts here, these guys just basically wholesale the operation out so I might as well try to cut off the middle man for a better deal.




I found one with an English speaking tour guide!





ctshk.com/english/鈥nselections.htm




Try also





www.jbc-travel.com





www.cxholidays.com





I don%26#39;t think tours operated by local HK travel agencies, e.g., Hong Thai or Wing On offer English speaking tour guide service.




Local HK agencies(hongthai, etc..) don%26#39;t offer English speaking tours but the prices are hard to beat. English speaking tours are 50%+ more expensive but it%26#39;s your choice. There are often non-Chinese speaking travellers on the Chinese-speaking tours. Fellow passengers may help you with the language.



http://www.amextravel.com.hk also offer English speaking tours.



I would imagine tours from Shenzhen are Chinese speaking only, and the problem with language would be even more difficult to tackle.



travelling on a chinese-speaking tour can be a cultural shock, more so if the participants are from the mainland.




did you check out the one I suggested ? (PM)




I personally shall not to be in a package tour when the majority of the travellers are mainland Chinese.




English speaking tours will not be mainland chinese majority.





Most of my guests have enjoyed booking from agents... private tours. Have you considered these?





Two people can form the package. A private car pick up each morning at your hotel, private tour designed by you, totally flexible. English speaking local guide.




What are the prices like if one were to book from Hong Thai or Morningstar for a 4 day/3 night tour?





I can%26#39;t read Cantonese nor Mandarin but can speak/understand basic Cantonese.


  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment