Friday, April 2, 2010

Olympics Beijing

Help please we would like to go to the Olympics in Beijing. Does anyone know if any hotels are yet taking bookings. I am flying from London, also can you tell me what airlines fly from London to Beijing and anything else that may be of use?





Cheers



Belinda



Olympics Beijing


I would guess that it is still early, but the best way to find out would be to pick a hotel that looks good and contact them directly.



Olympics Beijing


You could fly with CA and BA, they both have direct flight 2-3 times a week from London to Beijing.




or use Lufthansa



they fly daily but with stopover an frankfurt, germany.



Never the less I would also highly recommend Cathey Pacific! But they have a stopover in Hongkong!



Stephan




British Airways fly direct from Heathrow to Beijing. We are using them this September, the flight leaves around 5pm, arriving in Beijing around 10am the following morning.




i tried to book a hotel room in Beijing for the Olympics today on a hotel booking website and the answer is that everything I requested is booked out and they had no alternatives to offer me!!YIKES!! Anyone got any ideas?




This sounds as though so familiar. We had great trouble getting accommodation in Athens, ended up staying miles away (2 hr drive) and still paying double.





Flights were tremendously expensive, so ended up going via Manchester and Prague!!!! They lost our luggage going from London City airport to Manchester!!! great fun.





Then about 2 weeks before I was inundated with ';cheap accommodation'; which they hadnt managed to flog at far inflated prices.





BUT I am still going to go to Beijing!





So any info would be really helpful.





Cheers




Most of the decent hotels are under control of the Chinese Olympic Committee. The hotel rooms are sold to sponsors, travel agencies, etc. who then resell the rooms at inflated prices to their respective customers.




I was able to book a room last August at the Holiday Inn for about US$90 a night which is a pretty good price.




Do you think it could be because most hotel don%26#39;t start booking until 12 months out? If you go onto most of the major chain hotel websites (Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn) you can only book through April 08. Has anyone actually tried to call direct? I had planned to book day-by-day once the booking window opened but I%26#39;d give calling a try if I thought it was worth it. I%26#39;m hoping to fly using miles from Boston. Again I%26#39;ll book as soon as the 330 day window opens.




Just wanted to clarify my previous posting that i was able to book a room for August 08 last August. My room is booked for the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment