Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What's the glitziest street in Hong Kong?

I was wondering which street is glitziest (most lights and ';glamor';) at night? Would like to take a walk there :).



What's the glitziest street in Hong Kong?


Nathan rd, TST



What's the glitziest street in Hong Kong?


yup definitely nathan.





great time to walk around tsim sha tsui area at night.




Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui




Canton Road is really glam, but for neon lights you can%26#39;t beat Nathan Road: the Mongkok section has the most neon and advert signs hanging over the street.




Nathan Road is more interesting. Start walking it from Mong Kok and all the way to Tsim Sha Tsui. You will go through Yau Ma Tei and Jordan in the process and see how each area is different.





Canton Road is all about shopping actually. The section north of TST is not very interesting to see.




Actually Canton Road is more than just shopping. It has cinema, restaurants, bars, hotels, etc. The Hong Kong Cultural Centre is at its end. If I have to pick one most glamorous street, or more precisely, one most glamorous section of street, it will be my pick.






I second that wtung! That%26#39;s why I always make it a point to stay at either of the Marco Polo Hotels in the area. That%26#39;s my idea of a HK holiday :)




I also like Canton Road over Nathan Road.



Nathan Road is ';bright lights';, busy, dusty, not for walking pleasure.





I would take a bus on Nathan Road to enjoy the ';lights'; no glamour in my opinion.





For walking pleasure, I prefer to walk on Canton Road, but it is rather a short road (referring to the part from Royal Pacific to Star Ferry)




if my memory serves me right, canton road used to be more lively back in the 90%26#39;s.





i miss whimsyland, planet hollywood and the couple of malls across the harbour city now.

No comments:

Post a Comment