Monday, December 12, 2011

Questions regarding Ritz Carlton Financial Street

Would like some input if possible, many thanks.





The RC, I know is in the Financial area about 4-5 k%26#39;s out of town, they say that it takes 10-15 minutes by cab is this correct. I know they say that the Grand Hyatt is abetter location but apparently apart from their pool the RC Financial St is better. The other Ritz Carlton is way to exp.





Has any one stay at the RC Financ. St. lately and if so how was it. Perhaps someone has stayed in the Junior Suite any comments on this. Where are the majority of hotels are they all out of the centre with the exception of a few and is the Taxi thing all the norm. Dont mean to sound like an imbesile but its hard to explain oneself. What would the best time to travel by taxi during the day, say after 9 and before 5???? we are going in the month of November late.



Questions regarding Ritz Carlton Financial Street


I suppose almost anyone who could afford to stay in 5-star hotels in Beijing/China wouldn%26#39;t be thinking twice about just taking taxis anywhere and everywhere since for the prices these travellers are used to, they would find them cheap.



However for other less well-heeled travellers like me, we swear by the metro and then some taxi rides to go where the metro can%26#39;t reach.



There%26#39;re plenty of hotels located all over Beijing, within the 2nd ring road and out of. I%26#39;m not sure why you had the impression that the majority of hotels are all out of the centre.



Questions regarding Ritz Carlton Financial Street


Funny that, I dont recall anything in my Post about the costs of a Taxi it was I believe the duration of how long a Taxi takes. But once again you have succeeded in giving another condecending answer, I guess that is what happens when you are far less travelled.




Geez, I wasn%26#39;t giving a condescending answer. I was trying to point out why different types of travellers usually take different kinds of transport!



If you didn%26#39;t see that, I wonder who%26#39;s the less-travelled?




I have stayed at the Intercontinental on Financial Street, and it is just a few subway stops from the Forbidden City and major shopping, or the 10-15 minutes in a taxi as you mentioned. Other attractions, such as the Summer Palace, the Lama Temple and the Temple of Heaven are considerably farther. So do not be concerned about the Financial Street location. Things are fairly spread out in Beijing. Of course, the Great Wall is considerably out of town, too. You will be spending a lot of time in taxis to tour Beijing, no matter where you stay.





I liked the Financial Street location for its convenience to the Second Ring Road and the non-touristy neighborhood shopping.




Many thanks for your reply, my next question was about a subway so you have put my mind at ease. If it is like Hong Kong then nothing will be an issue.



Thank you.




I think it is fine to stay at the Financial Street. It takes a few minutes to get to the city center, but as noted by others, you have to travel to see the sights no matter where you stay in Beijing.





Beijing is not a walkable city and the sights are not centralized.





There is a big shopping center with a grocery store at the Financial Street, so you can buy anything you might need.

No comments:

Post a Comment