Monday, December 12, 2011

Turning my trip plan into reality



So, what%26#39;s the best way to turn my itinerary into reality. Since I don%26#39;t speak a word of Chinese (other than Ni Hao and Da Pizzu), a complete DIY experience (like I%26#39;ve done everywhere else) scares me.





I%26#39;ve got the hotels I%26#39;d like to stay at and the sites that I want to see mostly set (had to pare back a lot because it%26#39;s a big country :)





Ideally, we%26#39;d be met at each of our travel stops and taken to our hotels where we could check into our non-smoking rooms and then a guide would take us to the sites we wanted to see (and not stores we have no interest in)



Turning my trip plan into reality


People have been travelling to China with minimum language skills in increasing numbers for years. You won%26#39;t be any different.





Make sure you have a good guide book - with Chinese script - and prepare beforehand by getting hotel receptionists to write down instructions for you in Chinese so that you can show to taxi drivers and bus drivers.





Guides are useful for some places, but finding one who is not into shopping can be a challenge. Often as easy to get in a taxi and go by yourself.





Non smoking rooms....you might be in for a shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment