Monday, December 12, 2011

Directions to Macau From HKG

My plane arrives at 18:30 on April 11th 2008 and the only ferry I could make would be @2200 becasue I have luggage. So I am trying find out how I get to the HK ferry terminal and what the routing would be please and what feery time I could make

Thank you

Directions to Macau From HKG

The cheap and easy way is to catch the A11 airport bus to Sheung Wan (stop 4, HK$40), then the turbojet that leaves every 15 mins to Macau.

Directions to Macau From HKG

A quicker/more relaxing way would be Airport Express to HKG Station ($100 - 25 minutes), then 10 min walk to the Macau Ferry terminal if your luggage is portable/draggable


That is a Friday night - ferries will be very busy - definitely book before or you might not get on. If it was me, I would take the Airport Express train (so simple and quick, but yes, a little more expensive), then walk to the terminal (if you have dragable baggage - about a 20 minute walk, Hey, you have been in a plane, a walk would do you good) and then get the Turbojet/boat.

Leave yourself plenty of time to get to the boat - immigration may take 1 minute or 20 minutes, plus which gate you get off at, plus baggage. It can be quick, but there is no point worrying all flight/transfer.

Also, it will give you a little time to see some (ok, not much) of Hong Kong.

Enjoy.


wow thank you very much that is what I will do thinking I would have just got off the plane and its a 13 hour flight. so quick and easy is where I will be at that time. just trying to get to my hotel in macau. to sleep lol

asumming I need to clear custums before getting the train do you know the average wait time from landing to clearing immagration I amtring to establish an ETA for my pick up at the macau ferry terminal.

Thanks again


The 2200 ferry departs from the Skypier from the airport.

No need to clear immigration or customs in Hong Kong. No need to take train or bus to city.

Once arrived at HKIA, go for the transfer desk inside the secure area and buy ferry, let them have your luggage reclaim tags and they will handle your luggage. You will then take a special bus to a pier on the airport island, and take the ferry to Macau. On immigration record, you have never been to Hong Kong.


But the poster is arriving at 1830 at the airport. If they wait until 2200 ferry, they%26#39;ll get to Macau around 2300.

If they go into town, they should be in Macau about 2130 at the latest.


You have to balance out the relative (dis)advantages of queueing up for HK immigration, collecting luggage, catching train / bus / taxi / whatever - with all the luggage - to CFT or MFT, and possibly having to wait for a couple of hours to get on a boat (if the Turbojet website won%26#39;t let you book online, which seems quite a common problem) for MAYBE arriving a bit earlier in Macau, with those of hanging around in HKIA airside for the extra time, having someone else carry your luggage, being sure of a seat at 2200, and saving half a page in your passport. Maybe I%26#39;m just lazy, but I would definitely go for the latter; at least HKIA has plenty to look at %26amp; places to eat that aren%26#39;t outrageousely expensive.

  • myspace codes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment