Monday, December 12, 2011

Turquoise

I have a friend who is really into various types of turquoise, who has asked me to look into jewelry made with Chinese turquoise. Will I be able to find it in the same places with pearls and other types of jewelry? Is there any place that specializes in turquoise? I%26#39;ve done a little research but not much, admittedly, and a search on TA turns up nothing....any suggestions?

Turquoise

Panjia Yuan

Turquoise

I%26#39;m sorry...is that a place in China, or a store?

I was hoping to be able to find it in Beijing; are there stores in/around the city that would be selling Chinese turquoise jewelry?


Panjiayuan dirt market (娼樺鍥競鍦? is what the other poster suggested. However I suspect if you%26#39;re looking for more serious stuff, it might not be the most appropriate place.


Beijing Pan jia Yuan Antiques market can be a good place to be.

for Identification of jade or turquoise you should visit jade shop with National identification certificate.


I don%26#39;t know a lot about Chinese turquoise but I noticed that they had quite a bit at ';Kelly%26#39;s store'; on the 4th floor at the Silk Market. It is also called Xianpai Jewelry. I do know pretty much about pearls and they had excellent quality pearls there and excellent prices, so I%26#39;d assume that the turqoise is of good quality as well. Ask for Aulina, she is very nice and speaks English well. They can make any kind of necklace up for you there on the spot for no extra charge, double knotted with the clasp of your choice. I%26#39;ll be glad to answer any other questions you might have. By the way, I love Seattle- what a beautiful city!


Thank you! great information to take with me on our trip to Beijing. I%26#39;ll keep Aulina%26#39;s name in my little book of notes ~ maybe I%26#39;ll get some pearls as well...I was hesitant since I wouldn%26#39;t know a fake pearl if it bit me.

I%26#39;m going to try searching for the turquoise under the other name you gave...maybe it will turn up more information.

Thanks for the compliments to my city as well :~) When the sky is blue here it really is gorgeous in all directions!


oops. just re-read your post, uvagrad. I gather that Xianpai Jewelry is another name for the jewelry store, not chinese turquoise...duh!


You are right, it is another name for the jewelry store! You can really find some great deals on pearls there and just ask if they are real if you don%26#39;t know how to tell the diff-- they will tell you. I feel confident that Aulina would answer honestly any questions you have about the turquoise, too. By the way, i think all of the pearls that they have in the cases are real- the chinese fresh water pearls are the least expensive, seawater are more, then South Sea are very expensive. You can really get some great deals on the chinese fresh waters and they are beautiful!


Thank you. It is going to be a very interesting search for turquoise and I think I will also find lots of interesting things along the way!

10 days in Beijing...with only 3 taken up by watching our daughter in the Olympics - we should have lots of time for exploring!

  • software
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment